Sunday, October 28, 2012

October Workings

Cap in progress for my niece, Simonne.
Nephew Ethan's Blue hat.

Sister-in-laws mitts.

Just another potholder.

Big brother's waffle hat.


Newborn waffle hat (unknown recipient... i just made it when i was frustrated with all my other projects).
It's 3 days to November... and I think I see light at the end of this Christmas gift making tunnel. It's been a blast making lovelies for my favorite people in the world and a great opportunity to improve my skills, but it's gotten to the point where if I close my eyes I actually see knit stitches! I might have a little problem... it may or may not slow down once i finish these gifts... 

Ean has been a champ to model my nieces and nephews hats, but even he has limits (as seen in the picture above). I almost feel bad now, when i ask him to put on ANOTHER hat. He's such a sport though! I'm blessed!

Michael has even taken a turn (modeling), as you can see. I'm proud of him too! He's so patient with my yarn buying, pattern finding, crazy knitting lady antics :-)

All this to say, I am very excited for Christmas (I will get to see my entire family! Which includes 7 siblings, 3 siblings in law, 8 nieces and nephews and my parents... plus my grandma, and various aunts, uncles and cousins too!! And my husband's family too!). I'm enjoying learning new knitting techniques. I am incredibly thankful for my husband and son and life is pretty sweet in Southern Arizona. 

Times of sadness, longing and grief return from time to time, but God is good. He has a plan! In this I have peace.

Abi 



1 comment:

Hannah Hurd said...

I love how busy you are. :-) you make beautiful things!