Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Labor Day Camping Trip

Happy Campers! (Photo courtesy of Daniel L)
Our site. Not included in this picture is the beautiful and lovely sounding stream that accompanied us as we talked, ate, slept and enjoyed the cool mountain weather.

Camping can be magical.

Our friend's little boy... or "Baby Bwuce" (Bruce) as Ean calls him :-) 
Heading off on a hike our first morning on the mountain.
Finding fresh, ripe raspberries growing wild on our hike = awesome!

This little boy was more than content to sit on this enormous stump and eat the raspberries we offered.


Bacon in one hand, a cinnamon roll in the other... the good life!
Bacon over a bonfire. Delicious! Lovely mornings (middays and evenings too) were spent around the fire. 

TINY mushrooms I found nestled in a patch of moss.  

A dark picture of me and the boy, but it's the only one... I like to spend my time behind the camera!

Yeah... my camera/photography skills cannot do flowers justice...

Evening hike to a developed campsite upstream from ours for the facilities :-)

Cool beetle Ean and I found.

I'm guessing a very poisonous (but pretty) heart-shaped mushroom.



No comments: