Sunday, April 22, 2012

Knit a Squillion

I have joined countless other in using my "leftover" (or not) yarn to make squares to send to Knit a Square who will then sew those squares together into blankets and distribute them to orphans in Africa. I love knitting like this! It's wonderful to make things for yourself or a loved one, but doing something for someone on the other side of the world who is suffering and has very little comfort in their life, suddenly to have a handmade gift is awesome! I get so excited when I think about and pray over the child[ren] who will receive one or more of the squares i have made and who i hope will enjoy the bright colors and soft feel of the yarn against their skin. I love those children... without knowing who they are, I want them to know that they are loved! If you have a little leftover yarn think about making up a square or two. Find out everything you need to know about this project here: http://www.knit-a-square.com/. It's a wonderful act of mercy and love. peace. abi

1 comment:

Apseed said...

What a lovely idea! These squares looks so unique!