Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Untitled

The sky is blue and the sun shining
yet for the weather my heart is pining
I long for the breeze that brushes my face
that freshens the air without leaving a trace

The crispness of air that signifies fall
is absent round here its the heat and the dampness that hangs over all
the leaves stop their rustling and the sound meets your ear
The sky is all cloudy and its rain that you fear

I long for the crunch of leaves underfoot
the harvest time smell of the bulb and the root
The air has a haze from the harvesting dust
The wind comes up suddenly with a great gust

Enough cold for a jacket, too warm for a glove
this is my tribute to a season I love
a season thats shorter than the rest of them all
not spring, summer, winter, but fall.

Stephen Abraham R.

(yup *proud smile*..that's my brother!)

2 comments:

Doug said...

Hello, Abby! Hope you are having a rich time. See you soon.

Love,

Dad

Chip said...

I would like an update. I have things for you on my blog. I suppose you are to
busy to mind my blog. Say high to everyone for me.

chip