Monday, January 23, 2006

The Belt

Just sitting here taking off my lovely belt, and I thought..ya know, these are pretty cool and mean a lot to the people who have earned them.... some fun facts about your belt, and the belts of people higher in rank:

~ never touch a belt higher than your own, it is considered disrespectful
~ your belt is never to touch the ground (unless you are wearing it)
~ they are exactly nine feet four inches long
~ never wash your belt
~ losing or misplacing your belt shows your lack of respect for your rank

And the meanings of all the colors up to green (which is what I am)

White - signifies innocence, purity and a clean slate.
Orange - signifies acceptance of the instructor who now considers you a "student" of the gym.
Yellow - Signifies earth, from which a plant sprouts and takes root as the foundation is being laid.
Green - Signifies the plants growth as skills begin to develop.

so anywho..that's your TKD lesson for today ^_^

pics of Michael's blue belt test coming very soon

Abigoo

1 comment:

Nan, Rach, Lyd, Hav said...

Interesting update....did you measure the belt to find the length? (I know they come in different sizes)maybe I should go measure mine.

Can you touch a higher belt if they bother you incessently? :) I have to admitt I did. *gulp*

~an orange belt